Popular Posts

Friday, September 12, 2014

The "Do It All" Mom

I have missed you this week!
Yes, I know that I never really "see" most of you, but I see your numbers appear on my Google stats,
and I feel like it means we are connecting....
This has been a week of illness in our home. 
Monday morning the three of us woke up snifflin' and sneezin'.
Tonight, we are going to bed still snifflin' and sneezin'...
Not at all what I expected this week.
All told, this has not been the summer that I expected.
When May was closing, we were still planning to welcome a new baby in December. 
I was certain that I could work at full capacity throughout the summer months, 
of course we would be healthy at least until flu season in the fall,
and my old neck injury was so nearly healed that I just knew it wouldn't bother me for years!
Well, the end of May brought a car accident, ensuring neck pain to accompany all movement...
The first of June God took our baby to heaven, bringing, with our sadness, various health problems...
Mid-summer brought strep throat, and now the standard, "I lub you" somehow doesn't sound right...
Some of you may have had easier summers,
 but many of you may have had similar or more difficult experiences...
Well, I'm declaring tonight that this summer is over.
I tend to brood over things... You know, let them overtake my mind and then,
pretty soon, change my habits.
Before I've really decided to become morose or despondent,
personal discipline slips and I'm just "not myself".
Now every difficult time deserves an appropriate period of adjustment,
but then it has to be done.
You have to decide to move on, to get better, to recover.
And then you need to arm yourself with the proper tools, put yourself in the right environment,
throw yourself in the arms of the Savior, and make the decision every night when you go to bed, and every next morning upon waking, that today will be pursued.
The real challenge for most moms, probably, is to not go overboard. 
                                               Today, in Barnes and Noble, I took thirty seconds to take pictures of the overwhelming platitudes available to moms for $5.98.


 I quickly ran from the bargain books section, escaping the marketing techniques geared at manipulating my desire to do everything, and as a statement of rebellion against the illusive "Do It All Mom", I sat down to write just a few things that are important to me, for our family, and for personal growth.
As in a recent post, I would simply encourage you to choose three or four priorities which can take your attention, without becoming overwhelming, and pursue excellence.


Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, share photos of your healthy active decisions, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can stay motivated!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!


Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.


No comments:

Post a Comment