Popular Posts

Monday, September 15, 2014

Toddler Terrors

Toddlers seem to have no fear, 
yet they seem to have the unique ability to terrify their parents.
Consider, as evidence, several recollections from our week.
To your left, Exhibit A.
Here you see the very mildest of Little Man's adventures. Because of course if there is a box on the floor, he is supposed to stand on it.
He climbs everything. His favorite game is to crawl onto the couch,
give me a wicked grin,
and slide to the floor over the arm of the couch.
Little Man rarely walks.
He runs his chubby little legs down the hall, 

around the kitchen, 
into doors, and behind the house.
Speaking of which...
 Observe to your right, Exhibit B.
Little Man gave us our biggest scare yet by running out of the house. I have never seen him open our sliding glass door.
 He has never left the safety of our home without a parent's protection.
Until last week, when I took a brief bathroom break... Daddy was in the back splitting wood. When I emerged from the bathroom a short 90 seconds later, I knew something was wrong because Little Man wasn't greeting me in the hallway yelling,
 "Pah-tay, PAH-tee, pah-TAY...."
When I reached the living room, there was Little Man, on the other side of our sliding glass door, playing with Daddy. Not so scary, if I could have just believed that Daddy was the party responsible for Little Man's escape. But no. Daddy had observed as Little Man deftly slid open the door, stepped out, and ably closed the door behind himself. At least he has the manners to not let the cool air out of the house!
But now, it looks like I'm getting the stink eye 
for making Little Man sound like a rebel without a cause.
So I will close with this.
He makes me smile every day! From the moment we share our Herbalife shakes each morning, to the evening hour when he sucks down his Herbalife liquid vitamins and says, "Nigh Nigh", this healthy active toddler is my reason to conquer my fears and happily embrace the terrors of parenting!
Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, share photos of your healthy active decisions, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can stay motivated!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!


Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.



No comments:

Post a Comment