Popular Posts

Monday, March 9, 2015

How Winnie the Pooh Saved Meal Prep...

I have a toddler, so sometimes I act like an airhead. That's life.
As part of my plan to overcome that, I decided to have meals prepared for a week of healthy lunches. Healthy food in the fridge would hopefully help me stop forgetting to eat vegetables. I bought all of the veggies, cooked the quinoa and lentils, and figured I would prep all of those veggies in a food processor for a simple "mix and eat" meal.
Sounds simple. And it was. Until I lost a piece of the food processor. I had finished the carrots, so the processor bowl was nearly full. There was just enough room for some sugar snap peas to be added. I figured I could fill the "chute" with a few peas and be done in seconds. Then the phone rang. 
I need to make a note to quit answering the phone while doing... anything. It always throws me off.
Off the phone, I turned to the food processor.
But where was the plunger thing? As you can see from where my hand is pointing, the snap peas were in place. And there should be a little plunger thing that pushes the peas down to get grated. I had it when I grated the carrots 2 minutes before. I needed it to finish the last part of my meal prep. One final step. 
But no. I absolutely could not find it, anywhere. 
Enter my husband. I called him at work for moral support. It sounded something like,
"Babe, I've done it again. I've lost something that I JUST had. I'm going crazy.
 I'm just so tired of being this spacey!"
As I explained, he patiently listened and assured me that 
he doesn't think I'm actually crazy. 
Then genius struck. Hours of watching Winnie the Pooh with our kiddo
 gave my husband an idea.
"Remember when Pooh and the others get lost, and Pooh tries to think backward? 
Try NOT looking for the plunger thing.
 Look for something else and maybe it will lead you there!"
You see, Rabbit had led Pooh and Piglet in a circle while trying to find home. They repeatedly ended up back at the same hole. Pooh's suggestion? Look for the hole and maybe they would arrive at home!
Well, at that point, even Winnie the Pooh seemed smarter than me. So I decided I would look for the carrots instead of the plunger. I knew exactly where the carrots were, so I removed the lid to the food processor and stared at them for a moment, feeling like this was really a new low... Taking tips from Winnie the Pooh, for pete's sake...
And then suddenly, there it was. I saw it! The plunger had been in it's place the whole time! I thought I had been putting the peas down the chute, but I was really filling up the hollow plunger. Problem solved, thank you Winnie the Pooh.
Except that now I feel like more of an airhead than ever...


Join us.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama,
 share photos of your comical moments, and tag them #movementofmoms
 so that we can laugh with you!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment