Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Classy...

Well today we hit some new levels...
I won't call them "highs" or "lows", that's for you to decide.
This is really just a list of my confessions for the day.
I used to like to think of myself as a classy person. 
Then I had a toddler...
Today, for example, I spent part of my morning trying to drink 
my Herbalife tea and adjust to the day
while watching a cartoon with a tiger who says, "Ugga mugga" as a term of endearment.
I haven't had privacy in the bathroom for the past six months.
I wore jeans that haven't been washed in at least six "wears".
I had to explain to my 19 month old son that it's not polite to push 4 year olds out of the way so that he can go down the slide.
I turned around to find him digging in someone else's snack bag at the park.
After rescuing the snacks, I realized that we were 
walking away holding someone else's sippy cup.
At least he had left his own sippy cup in trade...
While chatting with another mom, I caught Little Man in the act 
of filling her stroller's cup holders with wood chips.
Later, when he was tired of dominating the slide and trying to destroy the ground covering, he went and sat in the mud under a "Caution- slippery" sign.
Then when he was really tuckered out, he just climbed his little muddy self right up into the stroller from earlier and took a break.
Yup, I turned to find that he had commandeered a stranger's stroller.
And that was all before lunch time.
When we got into the grocery store,
I was that mom driving the grocery cart with the big obnoxious car attached to the front.
It's cute, yes, but our grocery store has narrow aisles 
and I literally can't turn the cart around. 
So I was backing up the length of the aisle because I had forgotten 
something toward the front of the store.
Which is when I saw that my son had been surreptitiously
 adding brownie mixes to his car...
To enhance our shopping experience, the machine at the checkout was "fritzing",
so we had to wait twenty minutes in line. I had already unloaded all of my groceries onto the conveyor when I noticed that the mom behind me literally had six items.
I had the makings of enchiladas for 50...
But did I invite her to go ahead of me?
No, because I couldn't maneuver my crazy cart enough to let her get past me!
The only snacks I had easily "grabbable" for my son today were 
raisins and dried apricots...
I don't think I need to explain the sticky situation that created this afternoon.
While making the filling for those enchiladas,
I glanced behind me to see my son eating cereal off the floor.
And to really top things off, when my husband got home from work tonight, we decided to take Little Man outside to play in the front yard.
I was wearing baggy sweats and my husband's size 12 flip flops...
Which was at least better than our son, who was wearing a diaper, tee-shirt, and running barefoot.
I know, we've got class...
And I'll tell you what else.
Today, I wouldn't trade spots with anyone.
I'm the happiest person I know.
What's your "classiest" moment as a mom?

Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, share photos of your "classy" moments, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can laugh along with you!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!


Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.


No comments:

Post a Comment