Popular Posts

Monday, March 23, 2015

True Confessions

Lest anyone think that because my screen name is "FitMama" and my IG is @happyfitnessmama, I must live an incredibly fit, "put together", always on top of it healthy life... I thought I might share some true confessions from my week.

True Confession #1- I am writing this blog from the bathroom where I sit on the floor patiently waiting for my Little Man to go potty. He's just barely 2, and has decided that he would like to try potty training. We bought him a "Thomas" toilet seat, which has become one of life's biggest thrills. He's had 2 dry diapers today, very exciting, yes, but it still takes him quite a while to connect the need to "go" with the necessary internal mechanics of making it happen. Plus, he knows that his reward for going potty on the toilet is getting to wear his Thomas pull-ups. Which means he will sit on the seat for 30 minutes if necessary to earn that pull-up...

True Confession #2- In related news, I made the newbie mom decision to take my son out in a pull-up today for errands before he had done his daily poo-poo... So when we were at my husband's church office making copies, I had the pleasure of pulling a poopie diaper down his legs while trying to maneuver it safely over his feet and into a plastic bag. His legs remained relatively clean. My finger, unfortunately, was not similarly spared.

True Confession #3 - Before writing this blog, I devoured 2 bags of my son's cookies. They're the organic, whole grain version of a Teddy Graham. They have amaranth in them. I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it makes me feel like they're not so bad for Little Man. Or me. I ate the chocolate kind. Yup, 2 bags. And now I really want some Fig Newtons.

True Confession #4- I have a terrible weakness for Trader Joe's red licorice, the thick chunky kind that tastes like artificial strawberries and gets stuck in my teeth.

True Confession #5- I forgot that my son was turning 2 until the day before his birthday. Trying to plan a birthday party was, needless to say, quite delayed. So he's had 2 parties with different family members, and one set of grandparents still wasn't able to make it. Mommy fail. One day I will be that mom that makes plans months in advance and actually does the things she's written down in her planner.

True Confession #6 - I occasionally take parenting advice from Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

True Confession #7- I haven't done a real workout in... Well, that's all you need to know. I walk, I play, but that "kick butt, I did a workout and now I'm sweating" feeling... It's been too long. Tomorrow morning. Gotta happen.

True Confession #8 - We have tacos EVERY Monday. We have had tacos EVERY MONDAY since we got married 5 1/2 years ago. My husband is a man of routine. I'm so sick of tacos.

True Confession #9- I forgot to clip Little Man's toenails until they were literally curling over the top of his toe when he was about 18 months. I just didn't notice until they were unnatural and creepy...

True Confession #10 - Every week I plan to blog 3 times, workout every morning, have my shake and tea every day, and journal. The only part I manage is the shake and tea. Herbalife saves me from getting fat from lack of workouts, too many children's cookies and red licorice...

Well, that's enough for now. And Little Man is still on the toilet, waiting for that magical tinkle which earns him a Thomas pull-up. I'm going to have to intervene. It's time to make tacos...


Join us.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama,
 share photos of your fit or not fit mom moments, and tag them #movementofmoms
 so that we can live the journey with you!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment