Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Losing Weight and Eating Pumpkin Bread

I've decided to start pretending that it's "Autumn"...
It's too hot for me to really believe my charade,
but I play anyway because I'm ready to start eating pumpkin bread 
and burning "Autumn Leaves" candles in the living room.
So today, after celebrating a total of 2 pounds lost, 
I burned my lovely seasonal candle all afternoon.
Having been soothed by it's pleasing aroma for several hours,
while Little Man sauteed mushrooms, I made pumpkin bread...
Just kidding!
But he did love throwing the bag of mushrooms into a large (unheated)
saute pan, and using a wooden spoon to 
push the bag around the pan for a few minutes...
And I did make pumpkin bread.
Since Little Man practically took my fingers off devouring the still warm bread, I thought that tonight I would publish the recipe I used, my modified version from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.
Oh, and if you'd like to be able to still eat pumpkin bread while losing weight, even if you've been sick all week (as I have, still dealing with laryngitis!) and not exercising, then send me an email so we can put you together an Herbalife nutrition program of your very own. I can even send you a Pumpkin Spice meal replacement shake that tastes like pumpkin pie filling!

"Pumpkin Bread"
Unsalted butter, room temperature, for pans
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1 -15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups buttermilk (or 1 2/3 cups milk with 2 tsp vinegar, allow to sit for several minutes)

  • Preheat oven to 350F. Coat two loaf pans with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt; set mixture aside. 
  • In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the pumpkin and both sugars; mix on medium speed until well combined, 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and oil; mix until incorporated, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. With mixer on low, add the flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour, until just combined.
  • Divide the batter between the prepared pans; smooth the tops with an offset spatula. Place the pans on a baking sheet. Bake, rotating the sheet halfway through, until a knife inserted in the centers comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Transfer pans to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool completely. Bread can be kept at room temperature, wrapped in plastic, for up to 4 days.


Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, share photos of your healthy active decisions, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can stay motivated!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!


Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.


No comments:

Post a Comment