Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Strep throat

Yup, once a year I get strep throat. 
(See, Herbalife doesn't claim to prevent, cure, or treat any disease...)
 It literally used to either ruin my week, as in the time I had it while in Albania trying to teach ESL classes, or actually lift my spirits a little because it meant I couldn't go in to work. Oh dear, even writing that feels embarrassing, let alone thinking about you all reading it... 
Regardless, some days just force me to look back and think about the way things used to be. 
I really loved the idea of being a nurse, and many days I did love the job. 
Upon reflection, I have to ask what was going on in my heart and situation
 that would make strep throat feel like a relief!
Fortunately, we (the leadership of the movement of moms) have been reading an incredible book that has helped lend some insight.
Before I continue, please note that ultimately dissatisfaction with circumstances is linked to dissatisfaction with God, and if you have questions about that send me an email- funfitnutriton@gmail.com. 
Once that is in place, then the book Tribal Leadership can be marvelously helpful! 
Basically, when applied to my situation, I was stuck believing, "I'm great it's just that the system is designed for nurses to be overworked and under appreciated!" 
I really saw no way out of the cycle of stress except to get sick for a few days!
Now, why do I share this particular story with you?
Because as moms I think we may have all felt something similar!
"If I could just fix the system so that I get recognized for my sacrifices and acknowledged for my selflessness then I could really enjoy this a lot more!" 
Here, again, is where the movement of moms offers a solution. 
You see, the way out of that "stuck-ness" is actually dropping the "I'm great if only they would see it!" mindset and adopting the language of, "We're great and what we are doing is bigger than what I could ever do alone!"
This is why I wear a goofy button around that says, "Lose weight now Ask me how".
Because I am part of a "we"- and we believe we can help the WORLD through excellent nutrition. 
What if every mom reading this blog not only made one healthy decision daily, but shared that opportunity with a friend? We could change the world!
 And I mean literally.
Right now, I know that some of you reading this are from Poland, Jordan, South Africa, Ireland, Canada... Google stats are so cool! Each one of you, not just those of us in the USA, can have a healthy Formula 1 shake every morning and be excited about how that makes us feel.
And when we share that as a team, our movement begins to help us forget that our little ones didn't stop and thank us today for mopping the floor or doing the laundry. In fact, a team this motivated could maybe even help us overlook that those same little ones walked on that newly mopped floor with muddy shoes after wearing their newly clean clothes into the mud!

Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, document your own healthy decisions and friends, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can change the world together!
Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.

No comments:

Post a Comment