Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Real Life Connections

"What, Mom, you're trying to write a blog?
Doesn't me sitting on your lap sound like way more fun?!"
And Daddy just saved the blog by whisking Little Man off to the bathtub...
This is our reality, isn't, moms?
Just when we find a moment to accomplish something, and have our happy Herbalife tea to give us some extra energy, an adorable, toddler sized distraction finds its way into our laps and we fall victim to the urgency of the moment.
NOT to suggest that sitting with that toddler and playing isn't a huge part of our job description.
We all know it is.
And we also know that being irritated with our kiddo for distracting our Facebook scrolling reveals some level of selfishness which has to be addressed.
But, there are legitimate moments when Mommy has to say, "Not right now, Little Man"
and not be struck with guilt.
But that's not at all what I planned to blog about this evening!
Today, I got to make a face to face connection with one of my best mom friends!
Amazing, the incredible relief of knowing that she's tired, too, but committed to investing in her boys while loving me and mine at the same time.
The thrill of having someone to TALK to while pushing a swing,
the delight of just a good friend's company.
That was worth going out even if I am sick. Some things are always worth it.
Please know, I am so blessed by starting to make virtual connections.
Huge "shout out" to Ely, Desiree, and Jenny by the way for your encouragements!
It's quite fun to have some ladies catching hold of our movement of moms.
Ideally, then, we will all be part of a virtual community which really does provide a boost to our days and momentum to our lives.
Let's not forget, though, the power of a hug and a smile.
I know, I just went way over on my "cheese-factor" allowance.
But really, as much as I would love to, I can't reach through my computer and hug you.
What I hope I can do, though, is make you smile and go find someone to hug...
Make real life connections, knowing that you have someone
 investing time each night from her computer
 to reassure you that she's on the process to becoming a healthy active mom
 and you can too!
We can do this together.
We can be connected, and create a little hub of "connectedness" around each one of us.
 Virtual communities are only as impactful as their potential when they give you the power to bring people close enough to you to hug.
 
Join the movement of moms.
Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama, document your own healthy decisions and hugs, and tag them #movementofmoms so that we can support your connections!
Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position with a downline is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.

2 comments:

  1. I love that even when you have obstacles in your days, like the baby and that you're sick, you still have motivation to write every day and that is what motivates us!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea what that means to me, thank you Desiree!

    ReplyDelete