Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

No progress without problems

What's the problem?
Normally, asking that question signals frustration, impatience, and probably anger. Lately I've been learning a fabulously more productive attitude for looking at problems.
Consider the last time that you noticed significant growth in your life. Behind the triumph, wasn't there a struggle, a weakness to conquer, a flaw to mend?
That's how my story goes...
April 1, 2012, wasn't my typical "Whoops, I forgot it's April Fool's day... Oh well" and move on kind of day. It was the day I had committed to getting in the best health of my life with an Herbalife nutrition program, and to getting out of student loan debt ASAP by starting a second job as a registry nurse.
AND, it was the day I noticed an obnoxious pain in my neck after a workout turn into something excruciating by the time I went to work at the hospital...
April 1, 2012, changed my life forever.
After 2 months of nearly ineffective therapy, we discovered that I had a herniated disc in my neck. Oh, and also that I was pregnant!
I have never been a mother without daily physical pain. At times, it is almost minimal. There have been weeks when it was quite limiting to my daily activities.
Here is the choice - blame my circumstances for something that may never get better and allow that pain to rule me, every single day...
Or find a way to wake up each morning and believe that this problem is really an opportunity.
 For example, not being able to be a runner anymore has turned me into a "walker". I ask you, what could be better than walking by the lake with my family on a Friday morning?
By the way, injury not withstanding, I did follow my Herbalife nutrition program from that day forward and lose 10 pounds before getting pregnant, and 42 pounds after Little Man was born. Without any running...
Now you may not be injured, but if you are reading this post, we probably do share another "problem". While we love being mothers and are devoted to our families, perhaps we tend to feel isolated? I know that when the novelty and mind-numbing fatigue of having a newborn wore off, I realized that it was going to take alot of work to remain connected to the world. It's tempting to believe that the only way we can handle the
pressure is to actually get a job so that we can have a break!
We could call it a problem. I'm going to choose to call this our very exciting opportunity!
What if we turned being isolated into a powerful connection? We are linked by the fact that we can't get out much!
This is why the movement of moms is so meaningful to me - because our problem is bound to have the potential for amazing progress!
What are you going to do about this problem?
May I suggest - make a healthy active lifestyle choice every day, tag it on Instagram #movementofmoms, and celebrate the connectivity! (Is that a word?)
My first healthy active lifestyle choice every day is my Formula 1 meal replacement shake.
What's yours?
 
Disclaimer - Research shows that those people having a Formula 1 meal replacement shake twice daily as part of a healthy eating and exercise plan can reasonably expect to lose 1/2 to 1 lb a week. And the average annual compensation provided by Herbalife to its distributors at the Supervisor position is approximately $5,800. I have chosen to consistently follow my Herbalife nutrition plan and work hard at running my business, which is the reason for my personal results.

No comments:

Post a Comment