Popular Posts

Monday, June 22, 2015

When You're A Mom...

Now granted, I'm relatively new to the mom game. But if two and a half years has taught me anything, it's that you never know what's going to happen in a day...
For example, this afternoon my son came to me with my lovely recently ironed white linen skirt draped over his head, announcing that he was the little mermaid... Little Man had just spent the afternoon with his favorite girl in the world (our 13 year old pastor's daughter and amazing babysitter), and part of those hours included a viewing of the aforementioned Disney classic. Remember the scene in the cartoon when Ariel arrives on the beach, ahem, less than clothed and needs an emergency wardrobe before she can find the prince? The seagull wraps her in an old sail that was conveniently at hand... Well, what else would a white linen skirt look like to a toddler? 
Last week I went to the wonderful Costco to print my photos. Turns out there are 973 pictures on my phone... Which might contribute to it's sluggishness (is that a word?). Anyway, going through my photos to whittle them down to a mere 298 for printing allowed me to discover some true gems. Who knew that my son had figured out how to get to my camera, turn it on selfie mode, and go crazy?!
This morning I was determined to exercise. For those prego mommies looking for a safe and effective workout, you MUST look up PregoFit. You can buy it in DVD or download it to your device. The trainer is pregnant as well, each month doing the appropriate routines to give you an energy boost and assist with toning. And when you are feeling just plain chubby, she looks a bit that way, too :-) So I put in my DVD and picked up super light dumbbells. Every move I made was either mimicked or prohibited by my special little man. I mean absolutely every move. When my friend called and I took a quick break to answer the phone, Little Man took the exercise ball and tried to go for a spin... Right into the corner of the coffee table! My sweet friend very understandingly tried to hear me over his screams, and then even more kindly said, "Well I'd better let you go, we will talk soon." At least I think she said that, because neither of us could really hear at that point. 

There's not often something profound that happens in my days as a mom. We live a simple life, we follow Christ, we do our best to each other and others, we suffer downs and enjoy ups, we laugh and cry, obey and disobey, celebrate and survive. And we chuckle. Alot. I hope this helps you do the same.

Join us.


Follow me on Instagram @happyfitnessmama,
 share photos of your chuckle worthy moments, and tag them #movementofmoms
 so that we can enjoy with you!
Oh - and if you like this post, then go ahead and click on of the icons below to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment